May 22, 2013

Okla-HOME-a


First of all, out of selfishness, thank you Jesus that my family is ok. All but a handful of them live extremely close to the path of the storms.

Second of all, my thoughts and prayers are constantly with the people whose lives, families, friends, homes, and towns have been affected by the tornados. Growing up in Oklahoma I know all to well how that goes...

These photos were taken by my precious baby cousin (ok, so she's not a baby anymore....beautiful grown up talented teenager!!) who just constantly blows me away with her talent. I asked her permission to share these with you to help us all comprehend how close and how much destruction Oklahoma is facing. Again, thank God you are ok Sierra!!! She was less than a mile from the tornado when it passed and came out with these gorgeous and devastating shots.




to put things in perspective, this is a pool.....filled with debri. 
Semi-truck




the entire neighborhood...
These people need our help. They need any tiny help that we can give. We participate in giveaways, we give $5 or $10 or $15 at the drop of a hat to help grow our blogs, and I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty, I just truly believe that that much can make a difference.

Click here to donate to the Red Cross for disaster relief.

You can also donate to OK Disaster Relief through the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma.

Now, on a (slightly) lighter note- hug your families/friends and tell them that you love them, and know that life is very very fragile. There have been so many tragedies lately that I hope can serve as a reminder to myself and to you all not to take what we have for granted!!!

I realise that I am not the only one who feels close to this specific event, so let me know if I can keep any of you in my thoughts and prayers!

**Linking up with Because Shanna Said So

3 comments:

  1. Ugh this hurts my heart so much. It's way to close for comfort. Two years ago today, Joplin MO looked like this. My thoughts are with the people of Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, here is my post on a few more ways to help if anyone is interested!!! :)

    http://theashcraftbunch.blogspot.com/2013/05/oklahoma-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's insane! These pictures are incredible. I haven't been up there yet. I live just in Norman. My church has been helping a TON.

    They need volunteers! http://journeychurch.tv/may-20-relief/

    ReplyDelete