January 21, 2013

This Weekend, No. 4

Happy long weekend to all of you lucky people (like me) that get an extra day off!



This weekend, I started season 2 of Downton Abby. so good.

This weekend, (err...Friday) I was pretty excited about my outfit for the Carol Wincenc masterclass

Three points about this photo:

  1. Yes, I often take photos in this mirror. Its the woodwind grad "office" (AKA large practice room with extra stuff) and the only full length mirror I have access to without standing on the edge of my tub to see my outfit in the bathroom mirror.....come on, you know you've done that too...
  2. Hair day win!
  3. I swear I took the leg warmers off before I went on stage. It was cold that morning!!



Shirt: ELLE Lace Peplum Top in Ivory (here!
Skirt: Target (here!)
Belt: came with skirt
Shoes: Blowfish Cherie flat (at DSW)

Now, this is a special skirt and I feel that I must explain. First of all, it was party of my Christmas present from Drew- thanks baby! Second of all- it fits. Never have I ever had a pencil skirt that fit in the (little more full) behind region without making me feel like a skank-ho! SO- go check it out!

This weekend, We actually visited the adorable mom and pop style cafe next door to Drew's house. The bacon was fantastic. I brought my own coffee. Is that rude?



This weekend, I got to hang out with my man's bestie (RP3) and his awesome woman Sarah a lot. Well, two nights in a row is a lot for us and it was great!

The first night of together-ness included an action packed two hour wait for food at La Fiesta- Who's idea was it to go on Friday night?? But, I did get this cutie guy (who actually still lives on my dashboard, Sarah, just so you know).


This weekend, I cooked pork chops for the first time! And quite successfully, I might add.

I mean, I seared them and everything. Definitely have never done any cooking that required searing and baking (go me!). Even the broccoli was extra good!

I used a recipe that has been floating around pinterest that supposedly makes the best broccoli ever.
You shake this brocc up with olive oil, salt, and pepper, cook the brocc on high heat for a short amount of time, then sprinkle with lemon juice and permesan cheese. It was pretty darn good!


(Looks great right? Like I've said in previous posts- most def not a food photographer)


This weekend, I helped with a program that my flute professor, Dr. Arnone, started at Baylor called "Honor Flutes". She invites all the high school and middle school flutists in the area to join a (free) flute choir that she conducts. The music is a challenge for most of them, but the Baylor flute studio jumps in the rehearse and perform with them- the goal being to give them a musical opportunity they might not regularly have the chance to take part in. We also hope that they have a good time, which we all did!

How did you spend your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Love the pencil skirt, and totally ditto on the taking-forever-for-dinner-on-Friday thing. Blah!

    Lovely to see you so much too! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM I love broccoli & that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! That broccoli does sound pretty good. I just bought a whole bunch of it last night and will definitely try this method of cooking it. Also, I'm totally guilty of standing on the edge of the bathtub to see my full outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete