January 14, 2013

This Weekend, No. 3

Happy Monday morning! I'm linking up with Syndal for "This Weekend, I..."




This weekend was actually a major bummer for me.

Long story short- I've been working very hard towards a handful of auditions for Artist Diploma programs next year. Sent in pre-screening recordings (takes forever to get them "just right"), and was not nearly as successful as I had hoped.

So of course (as I told my lovely boyfriend) "If I'm gonna suck at the flute at least I'm going to look awesome doing it!" Which was a little dramatic of course, because I'm kinda pretty far from sucking at the flute.....but anyways. He sympathetically "Ok baby'd" me and we went shopping.



Found this lovely gem at one of my local faves, Amelia's. $7!!


Also from Amelias, a fun Forever 21 jacket. $14!!!

I felt a little better.


This weekend I successfully bruched with Drew- my first time making french toast! Yummy




And This morning, I woke up to a freezing Waco, and these fun little not-quite-snow-like beads were everywhere.



Happy Monday everyone- I hope you have a lovely lovely day and a pleasant week!

How was your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Aw, good luck with you audtions (if you have any more). Cute necklace though. And that snow/ice stuff makes me cold just looking at it! Brr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have one audition in February for the University of Illinois- thank you! I'm pretty excited and I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. "Not-quite-snow-like" is hail. ;) It's cold here, huh?! So ready for it to be spring here!

    Lovelove! Margaritas sometime this week?

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Har har, hail, yes.

      And yuuuuuuus! You know I love margaritas and you and it's been a whole month!!! Also, I have something for you ;) Love!

      Delete
  3. Shopping therapy can work wonders. :) Very cute finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute CUTE necklace!!! xo love following you!
    chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to visit you as we'll :)

      Delete
  5. Found some great deals!! stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket! I'm also sad that I paid like $70 for a nearly identical one at Express.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I'm sure yours is much nicer quality though :)

      Delete