January 26, 2013

The Facts of ME!

Today I'm linking up with Whitney at I Wore Yoga Pants to Work for this fun me me me me post! Thanks Whitney!



I feel like this post should be a lot easier than it has been. I mean, I know myself pretty well...right? 

...until I try to make a list, that is. Then I am reduced to ".....I have the cutest dog ever!"

So let us start with that :)

  • I have the cutest dog EVER. Oh wait...I guess that isn't so much a fact about me as it is a fact about my adorable pup. Ok ok ok, but seriously, just one pic.


*melts*
  • My favorite food group is meat. That or we could probably just narrow it down to bacon.
  • I'm at that baby stage in my cooking experience where I need confirmation of the fact that I did a good job. Poor Drew... "Did you like it?!"  "Is it okay??"  "DID I RUIN IT!?!?"
          Ok maybe thats a bit of an exaggeration, but not really.

  • I have a twin brother, Parker. No, we are not identical (think about it). Yes, we are close. Yes, I love sharing birthdays.
*side note on sharing birthdays: 

For as long as I can remember, Parker has been the "wake-up-early on Christmas morning/wakeup-wakeup-wakeup its our birthday" half of our twin-ship. On our birthday, first thing in the morning we would hug each other and say "Happy Birthday" (daw). Not until I moved out of the house did I realize the sentiment of this tradition that we had un-knowingly formed. I'm pretty sure I cried our first birthday apart (don't tell him that) but now we call each other at midnight to be each other's first "Happy Birthday" each year.

          That was a little more sentimental than I had planned. But to answer your last question, Yes, we have          
          twin super-powers.


  • I also have super hearing powers. That or I just have a weird brain problem (Drew would probably vote for that option). 
          Ex:  Drew's watch. I could hear the second hand and it drove me nuts! Not only did this   
          freak him out because he couldn't hear it at all, but I actually found the dang thing when he thought he 
          had lost it (it was in his car) because I could hear it ticking in a box in the back seat. 

          Not going to lie, I'm actually pretty proud of that moment.

          Needless to say, Drew's Christmas present was a new watch without a second hand. Sneak sneaky ;) 
          *The watch was not the listed price, because I am a poor grad student and Amazon is great.

  • I absolutely cannot (not using the contraction of cannot looks very strange) study/do homework/read in the library. Does anyone else have this problem? I get so overwhelmed by all the pretty books that I just wander around looking at the shelves and reading titles! Its fascinating to me! It also makes me wish I had spent less of my under-grad on facebook and more time reading all the pretty books. Oops
          But seriously- I love books.

  • I have played the flute so much I have tendinitis and my hand swells up when I play, but I do it anyways. Embarrassing...or Awesome.

  • My Baylor Lariat feature includes the worst cheesy newspaper caption to date...

       *Guitar hero- seriously? Thats the best you could do?!

  • I got my letterman jacket in high school from spring board diving as a freshman, and not from playing the flute (which is what most people would expect....because you know, high school letter jackets are super important and all....yes I'm 23).
  • I threw a flat out temper tantrum and pretty much cried the last time Drew and his friends made me watch a scary movie.
  • When I get stressed out, this is my go-to mental state:

       For the best example, see my favorite blog post in the history of ever: RIGHT HUR. I hope you pee    
       your pants laughing. Which is pretty much what I'm doing right now.

Who are YOU? Link up :)

-PB

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to find your blog! I look forward to meeting you. AND, I am having twins in April! A boy and a girl...and my little boy will be named Parker! That is so crazy. I love reading about your bond with your brother. I pray my kids have that as well. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting that you are having twins! Its so wonderful to have someone to grow up with :) I'm not sure I will be able to make it Saturday, but I hope you will keep track of me and let me know of future meetings!

      Delete
  2. I cannot study in a library. I don't think I ever have, I'm too busy looking at every single book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. First of all- I think your dog might actually be the cutest dog in the world. And that's hard coming from an obsessed puppy mom like me. Second, that hearing thing freaks me out. You heard it ticking. In a box. In a car. That is some Edgar Allen Poe level of creepy right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! and yes, I'm aware...I'm a weirdo! haha

      Delete
  4. You aren't kidding, you really DO have the cutest dog ever!!! I want to pet him! :) That is so awesome you have a twin brother, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and sister are twins and I would always get so annoyed when people would ask if they're identical! Not possible, duhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your puppy is so cute! I love that you have a twin brother! I always wanted a twin when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I love this! & I can't get work done in a library either.. I don't understand it at all. Also, you and your twin bro are adorbz. :)
    xo

    MacKensie

    ReplyDelete
  8. BAHAHAHA on the meat/ bacon favorite food group. This totally reminds me of my husband. He could eat bacon for every meal and I don't get it. Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete