September 25, 2013

Copycat Cooking WIN

Like I said yesterday, we have had some pretty lofty recipe goals the past few days.

Its been SO fun! We (I) waste some good time on pinterest searching for delicious sounding recipes, walk a few blocks to the grocery store to buy the ingredients, and we cook pretty much every night!

So far we've made honey balsamic chicken, white wine sauce for pasta with chicken and veggies, copy cat Chuy's creamy jalepeño dip, and copycat Chili's southwestern eggrolls!

As you all know by now, I'm pretty much the most horrible food photographer in the world, but I'm so excited about the success of these recipes that I felt the need to share :)

**I did NOT come up with these recipes, therefore I will NOT be posting tutorials on how to make them, but I will be posting the source of the recipe! :)



If you don't live within reach of a Chuy's, then you probably haven't had this delicious dip. (and I'm very sorry!)

Creamy Jalepeño dip- YUM. Seriously, this recipe turned out so well! It would have made a massive amount (a good party size!) so we 4thed the recipe. If you know the Chuy's dip well, you'll know that it isn't exactly the same, but is still Very good! A must try :)

Now on to Baked Southwestern "Egg rolls"

Drew mincing jalepeños

sautéing onions 


ingredients: onion, black beans, chicken, corn, spinach, chili powder, and cumin (just missing the pepper jack in this photo! 

YUM!!!

I would Not call myself an experienced chef, so for us these were definitely a two person project! 

They were DELICIOUS and pretty stinkin good leftover as well! They were pretty spicy, so for my taste I would half the spices and jalepeño next time :) and there will most definitely be a next time!

One of the great things about the dip recipe, is that you can always chose healthier options for ingredients such as fat free mayo and light sour cream. And the "egg rolls" are baked, not fried, so they really are fairly healthy!! I'm curious to try baking them with egg roll wraps instead of wheat tortillas at some point, but I'm really pleased with how these turned out.

These recipes are worth giving a try, so let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment