December 1, 2012

Merry Gig-mas!

I made a very bitter sweet decision a few months ago. Yes, it was for the sake of $$, BUT I missed my last ever Christmas at Baylor concert!

Christmas at Baylor has always been one of my favorite concerts of the year- not only for the jolly moods and festive attire, but because of the collaboration between the Baylor Orchestra and our Wonderful choirs.

The concert always features Christmas classics, singing by candle light, spectacular choral and orchestra features, and congregational song! Fun, right? It's a lovely way to get in the holiday spirit.

This year, I agreed to play for the Dallas Baptist University's Christmas concerts, like I said, for the $$! I feel like a complete traitor Especially since the concerts were on the same weekend.

Nonetheless, there's just always something about the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah that just gets your blood flowing! What exciting and rich tradition we have, all thanks to a little baby born Ages ago to save our poor wandering souls! Thank you Jesus :)

If you haven't been to DBU, it is a beautiful tiny campus sitting on top of a hill overlooking a lake. It was decorated from head to toe, including this ginormous tree that I insisted we take a photo in front of ;)


What do you do to get into the holiday spirit? Are there any musical traditions you maintain from year to year?

Happy Weekend!
-PB





2 comments:

  1. For me, I always have my car radio tuned to my local 24/7 Christmas station and it never fails to get me in the Christmas spirit :)

    Great blog Paige!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you stop by again :) Happy New Year!

      Delete