December 24, 2012

This Weekend, I...

Merry Christmas Eve!

This is my first time linking up with my dear friend Sarah for...


This weekend, I helped my twin brother, Parker (no we are not identical, har har) move in to his very first apartment! Since I've been out of the house for 6 years now and he has lived at home commuting to UH it seems not quite right to have an empty room next to mine at the house! But, its about time!! I'm excited for him to grow up a little bit now ;) hehe Love him!

Meet Parker. Yup, my brother is tough (and single, ladies!)



This weekend, I called up Brittany (a good Baylor friend who is now the assistant band director at my old high school) and we had a little afternoon adventure. Have you guys discovered the apps shopkick and checkpoints?? Seriously all you do is walk in to stores and turn the app on to get points that you can redeem for giftcards!! Pretty cool. If you are really ambitious (like we were this weekend) you can run around the store scanning barcodes for extra points. Its kind of like a grown up scavenger hunt! If you decide to try shopkick, leave a comment, because if I send you an e-vite we will both get extra points! If you want to try checkpoints, use the bonus code paigebrownflute for extra points when you sign up!

This is a photo from when I visited Brittany at a KHS football game last year!



This weekend, I got together with my BFF Emmi for our second annual gingerbread house decorating extravaganza! Last year I started this tradition as a way for Emmi and Drew to spend some time together. You know, the BFF has to approve of the BF (she likes him, don't worry). 

Here is Gingerbread Extravaganza 2011...
I should probably admit that Drew was the creator of the beautiful icing icicles.




Sadly, Drew could not join us for Gingerbread Extravaganza 2012 since he is in Wisconsin visiting his family.  So Em and I teamed up and made a teeny and adorable gingerbread village, complete with powdered sugar snow! I'm extremely proud, not going to lie.



This weekend, I got to FaceTime with Drew's family! I got passed around to say Hi Jeff, Carol, Poppop, Nikki, Bradley, Colin, Austin, and Boomer. They are such a fun bunch and I'm wishing I could spend some holiday time up in Wisconsin with them!!


Most importantly, this weekend, I got a lot of Winston snuggle time in! Love this little man!!






Visit Sarah to link up and share your weekend with us! 


2 comments:

  1. I definitely think I want to do the apps, although should I really do both? I have no clue but I want free points! ;)

    Lovelovelove the gingerbread village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winston is soo freaking cute. Just want to eat him up! Newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete